- Leadership development is a critical issue facing organizations today.
- Level X is a way for emerging and experienced leaders to utilize design thinking to work through leadership challenges in an immersive, peer-to-peer environment.
- Design thinking has been successful in solving “wicked” problems across a wide variety of industries, cultures, and markets.
- Design thinking has been successfully implemented by Fortune 100 companies and organizations of all sizes to solve challenges ranging from product design to global human crises.
- Level X is a leadership program that uses design thinking for organizational development
- Level X actively engages participants in the hands-on design and build of a custom electric vehicle
- Level X uses the concept of velocity and metaphors found in vehicle dynamics (power, conflict, steering, traction, support, etc.) to prompt leadership discussions and activities
- Level X features purposeful team-building activities and discussions that illuminate leadership challenges, provoke inquisitive, human-centered solutions, and produce outcomes-based results
- Learn how the concept of velocity and metaphors related to vehicle dynamics can help frame and address leadership challenges
- Collaborate to build a tangible representation (the car) of their organization and culture
- Use design thinking to uncover leadership issues within their organization — not just the symptoms of those problems
- Learn how to creatively work through iterative processes to design solutions for leadership challenges
- Practice empathy in discussions regarding specific leadership issues
- Learn how to apply Systematic Inventive Thinking (SIT) as one model for problem solving
- Create an actionable design brief and road map for implementation, complete with timelines
- Specific client outcomes are unique to each organization. Success benchmarks will be identified as part of the Level X program with outcomes defined in the design brief.
- Participants will be held accountable for implementation by program peers as well as the Level X facilitator and/or coach(es)
- Level X facilitator and/or coach(es) will follow-up with participants to measure progress. Standard follow up intervals are 1, 3, and 12 weeks after program date and can be modified as necessary
Design Thinking is:
- Empathetic and seeks to understand people’s needs in order to creatively meet those needs
- Asks “what makes life better?”
- About understanding culture and context as much as information gathering
- Seeks to ask the right questions in order to solve the right problems, rather than just symptoms of those problems
- Starts with the “Why?” and communicates inside out to drive behavior
- Recognizes that problem solving is a cyclical process of understanding, exploration, prototyping and evaluation
- Features rapid prototyping to speed up the process of innovation; building in order to think
- Concerned with creating choices and exploring new ideas and alternatives
- Asks “how might we…?”
- Shifts from passive to active experiences that are about participation and not consumption
- Requires and benefits from participation of all, even “non-designers”
- Integrates opposing ideas and constraints to create new solutions
- Solves challenges by utilizing the people who face them every day
- Finds intersection between desirability, viability, and feasibility
- A design brief is created to define desired outcomes, map out action plans, identify accountability benchmarks, and measure success criteria.